What up!?!?!? Dirty here with some very exciting news presented by EOReality, eXtv, and PubComp. We’ve got the third edition of Community Vs Pros, this time entitled “Cold War”, so for all of you Heavies out there and especially Ruskeydoo from UGC (Heavy for Community team), and 5pike (Substitute) you better stay frosty.
Read ahead for details.
“Classic Mix Up”, the 6 man team consisting of: TLR, Relic, Moose, Enigma, Harbleu, and Platinum will be facing a community team of 9. The 9 man team who will be set in Highlander style classes will be: Rickybobby, Dr. Hendrix, Cpt. Oppa, Swib, Ruskeydoo, Ellison, Salamancer, Liquid, and finally UroUroBlue. Substitutes for the Community team feature: Applejuice, Skwiddly, Anamanapanda, Kam, 5pike, Alainreid, The Nefarious Mongoose, Bonesinger, and FB. These players involved will receive prizes as well.
For the first time in the entire timespan on 6 v 9 gameplay will all three maps be control point style. The maps featured will be cp_badlands, cp_foundry, and cp_steel. Now remember, the Community players now are at a disadvantage because usually, they seemed to dominate the payload maps. However with those taken out we have a whole new realm of possibilities. An incredible array of players, an incredible array of maps, and a LIVE STREAM. What more could one person ask for?
The Live Stream of this sure to be extraordinary matchup will be on February 11th, 6pm PST - 7pm MST - 8pm CST - 9pm EST. Tune in to www.extelevision.com to catch the craziness. Also, if what I said isn’t enough, you hate me with a passion, or TL;DR, just follow the links below to all of your “Cold War” needs.
Spray Link: http://filesmelt.com/dl/Cold_War_Spray.vtf
Spray Image: http://i.imgur.com/P3uEJ.jpg
Live Stream Link: www.extelevision.com
I’ll be watching with you,
CHECK OUT THE PROMOTIONAL VIDEO AND THE POSTER, AND REBLOG THEM IF YOU HAVEN’T YET! We are representing the TF2 Tumblr community in this event! So please spread the word! It’s sad not seeing hundreds of notes on our previous posts regarding this event BECAUSE THIS IS FOR YOU GUYS.
- - OneSky: The only really rare vintages are things like
- - OneSky: concheror
- - OneSky: or fan o'war
- - OneSky: because not many people crafted them
- - beancurd: the fuck is concheror
- - OneSky: in that short time between when they were released and the update.
- - OneSky: That gay secondary weapon
- - OneSky: for the soldier
- - OneSky: it's like the buff banner except gayer
- - OneSky: so nobody uses it.
- - beancurd: oooh
- - beancurd: so you're concheror?
- - beancurd: HEHHEHE
- - OneSky: LOL.
- - beancurd: U C WUT I DID THAR/
- - OneSky: Yeah, yeah, I get it.
12. How I feel right now:
When I received this question, I wasn’t feeling too great, but I’m alright now.
13. Something I really, really want:
Happiness and success.
14. My current relationship status:
23. Someone I love:
28. A confession:
I try not to mention names when writing personal posts, because my posts aren’t about other people. They’re about me. I never write something with one particular person in mind so don’t take anything too personally. I don’t know if this makes any sense.
33. Something that’s currently worrying me:
Honestly, I’m worried that I might not be able to transfer by 2012. I worry about other shit that’s too sappy for me to blog about seriously.
36. Something that’s constantly on my mind:
I don’t know, although something is keeping me up at night.
46. A photo of myself:
I’ll post one up tomorrow because it’s almost 5 AM.
Nope, sorry, I can’t.
Nothing good has ever come from me saying anything about that… :x
7. Turn on’s:
I’m terrible at this…
17. Favorite song(s):
I don’t have any one particular song. At the moment, I have “Want You Gone” stuck in my head. :D
27. Someone from Tumblr I’d date:
Hm, I’d rather not say lol.
37. Three habits that I have:
- I always think that I’m forgetting something like closing the garage door or locking my car so I always double check everything.
- I know everybody says that they overthink but trust me when I say that I overthink everything.
- I used to daydream as a kid. I guess this goes back to me thinking too much. Sometimes, I blankly stare, because I’m thinking about something. Nobody ever asks me what I’m thinking about or anything, it’s easier to simply say that I’m weird.
47. Favorite blog(s):
My own. I don’t have any favorite blogs although I do enjoy following my friends. Of course, I’m also following the people I follow for a reason.
THIS WAS WRITTEN ON DECEMBER 13 WITH MUMBLE VERSION 1.2.2.
Here is my
shittytutorial on how to get Mumble ready. I normally don’t do this, but I’ll try to make it herp-derp friendly, hehehehehe. Mac and Linux versions may be a little bit different, but I hope this guide helps.
inb4 tl;dr - Download, install, run audio wizard, and connect to “ventcrew.murmur.nfoservers.com” (port 6390). Password is wefamily.
- Download the software at http://mumble.sourceforge.net/. IT IS AVAILABLE ON WINDOWS, MAC OS X, AND LINUX!
- After installing, RUN THE AUDIO WIZARD. There should be a prompt asking you to do so when you first run Mumble. I cannot stress “RUN THE AUDIO WIZARD” enough. From there you can optimize your sound and network and set up your push-to-talk key. IF YOU FUCKING ASK ME, “HOW DO I SET UP A PUSH-TO-TALK KEY?” I FUCKING KNOW YOU DIDN’T RUN THE AUDIO WIZARD AT ALL OR YOU JUST RUSHED THROUGH IT CARELESSLY. I think you’ll be asked to create a certificate or something, just make one. Click yes/next or whatever, you can do that part carelessly, lol.
- Open up the server list by clicking Server on the menu bar then Connect.
- Click Add New.
- In the Edit Server window, fill these details in:
Name the server whatever you want, and enter in your desired name (you can’t copy mine, teehee).
- Click on the new server you just added and CONNECT! Or you can just double click on the server name. Also, on your first connect, you will need the password to get in and you only need to enter it once. The password is wefamily.
- Then you should be inside the server and ready to use Mumble! (In the next screenshot, I am a loner.)
- This part is optional, but I recommend doing this to make your Mumble server look more pleasing and look like Ventrilo/TeamSpeak (I’m used to it) like in the previous screenshot. On the menu bar, click on Configure then Settings. Check Advanced on the bottom left corner and click on the User Interface tab/section. Change your layout if you want but I recommend setting Expand to All and check the boxes below it. YOU NEED TO RESTART MUMBLE FOR THESE CHANGES TO APPLY.
- From this point, feel free to change other options to your liking, especially Overlay, Messages, audio and network quality, and custom skins. Like this!
- This part is also optional. On Windows 7 (not sure about Vista and XP) you can change the input and output quality of your devices. In the screenshot below I have my mic quality set to the max. You should too by going into your system sound settings and change the format for your mic (and speakers if you want). Your max may be different from mine because I have a high-end sound card.
I hope this helps! If you have any questions or need any extra help (I hope this isn’t the case), feel free to message me on Tumblr or any other networks like Steam.
tl;dr - Download, install, run audio wizard, and connect to “ventcrew.murmur.nfoservers.com” (port 6390). Password is wefamily.
Because people always sign in as either Mark or the the password.
Also, run audio wizard!
MGE is crazy. Playing with someone whos good at solly on badlands spire is a workout for the wrist. I managed to land a couple of airshots but my god. My worst was 5-20 and my best was 16-20, and thats out of like 8 sessions. eugh.
I love TF2.
It’s almost 6 AM, and I just finished playing MGE too.
Now it’s time for my real wrist work out.
Whats so bad about being friend zoned?
“This is pretty good, but you know what I really want.”